Thursday, April 23, 2009

Letter to a Friend

Dear K,
I believe that people come into our lives for a reason. We met in Sept. 1999 during my first year of teaching. We shared what used to be a janitor closet.
I wouldn't wish MS on any of my friends or enemies. I can remember the day I told you I was diagnosed with MS so perfectly. You knew where I was going with my story because you too were going through the same thing. I couldn't help but cry. I wanted to come and visit you that instant and just hug you and cry. I was so sad this was happening to you. It is so awful to have MS happen to such a dear friend of mine. I was and am truly blessed to have you as a friend in my life. You are the only one who truly understands what I am going through with my MS. We share the same treatment. I can't count the number of times you have been there to listen to me and to share suggestions on how to make the Rebif less painful.
I just want you to know how much I appreciate our friendship. I wish we lived a bit closer so we could see each other more. I am always here for you when you need me. I am so blessed to have you in my life.

Love,
~Heather

Today I am thankful for the sunshine and warmer weather it will bring (although I don't like much over 75).

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Thank you my dear friend! I am son thankful for you, but so sorry that we have to share something so awful! Love ya!