Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Frustrated

I really am just feeling so frustrated at the way I feel. I've been on Gabapentin now for 6 days and am feeling no relief from this burning, numb and tingly feeling on my entire right side (except for my arm - thank god). My leg feels like it is 3 times its normal size and I can't stand the way it feels. It feels how your foot feels when you say your foot fell asleep. This is my entire side. I am uncomfortable to do everything like sit, stand, lie on the floor, you name it. It is really hard having a 1 year old when you feel like this. Ever since I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 I have been so lucky to not have any symptoms of my MS. I just can't believe this is happening. I have been so positive and believed nothing was ever going to happen. I guess I was wrong. I know I need to stay positive but right now that is hard. I am so uncomfortable which makes me grumpy and sad. I love pedicures and massages and I am thinking if this never goes away how the hell will I do those things again. It hurts to have my husband hug me. )-: Sorry to complain but this is what I wanted this blog to be for.

Today I am thankful that the sun is out and spring is in the air.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather, I read this and know what your talking about. I know what it's like to have this abnormal feeling in your legs. I have had MS for 22yrs. I'm 38 now. The early years of MS was easy. I too thought the terrible symptoms of MS that you always heard about was for somebody else. Not me. Well, over time things have cought up with me. Today just seemed like a bad day for me too. With all the depressing thoughts and frustations. My girls are 6 and 8. I try not to show my frustrations to them. Keep up the hope that things will get better. From my experience the burning, tingling feelings will fade after MS cools down a little. Next thing you know, you'll be saying to yourself Hey! I just felt that 1 year old tug on my leg.
Kristina