Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I also had a hard day because my husband was home from work. He should have had a snow day but didn't. When he tried to leave our house he couldn't make it down the hill (we live on a really big hill) so turned around and made his own snow day. At first I was so happy because I was thinking he would be a big help to me and I could get a bunch done and have a bit of a break. Well, I didn't realize he was going to work from home. GRRR! He asked why I was so grumpy so I explained: When you are home I feel as though you can help me. At around noon he tried to go to work again but it was freezing rain so he stayed home. It was just an over all hard day. I also have my period so maybe this could be part of my grumpiness or just adding to it.
Today I am grateful for my sister. She is my best friend and I miss her so much (especially on days like this.)!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Today I am grateful for getting to use my elliptical.
Here is what I wrote:
January 16 at
Hey! Don't call me tonight when you get this message b/c I'll be going to bed at about . I hope you had a good time and got home safely. I am so sorry I couldn't come out w/ you tonight. I hope you understand. No one understands unless they are in my situation but it really sucks to have your entire life revolve around one thing. I hope someday I adjust to it but its been 7 months of my life already and I am still not adjusted. Every Monday, Wed., and Friday it is what I think about almost all day. On Tues., Thurs., Sat., and Sun., I feel like I need to do something fun and crazy because I don't need to do my shot. It really sucks! I'm sure I could have come out and not drank but it's just not fun when everyone else is doing it. Sorry to blab but I am having a hard time again. It just made me sad when you told me you would be mad at me if I didn't come out. I am sorry. Call me sometime tomorrow. Can you do something next Sat. night? A small girl's night?Let me know b/c if you can maybe I won't go out tomorrow night.
Here is her response (remember she is drunk so it's a bit tricky to read):
January 16 at
yes, we will get together tomorrow night. I forgot it was a a friday and what they meant to you. I didn't mean it when I said I would be mad at you-it would take much more than you not coming to drink with me. I forget what it is like to have one as little as asa at home and I have not idea what it is like to deal with the shots. You are an incredible mother and i would never be mad for you choosing to stay home. My only concern is that i have been there and know how important being with adults and friends is. You put your self last all the time and I hope you and Tim realize all that you are doing to make sure Asa has the best availale to him. Let's make it a plan for next sat. at
I still haven't heard from her yet today. I need to not let her drunkinness be an excuse for her comments on the phone last night.
Today I am thankful for the choice I made last night.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Today I am grateful for gift certificates.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
1. I love my husband more than anything. I am a lucky women.
2. I am a mommy of an 8 1/2 month old baby boy- Asa James.
3. I have one sister who lives in Portland, ME (We are 8 hours apart from each other). I miss her everyday and wished we lived closer to each other. I cherish the time we have together. I also am thankful for the morning phone call I get from her on her drive to work everyday.
4. I was diagnosed in Oct. 2006 with MS.
5. I am afraid of the dark but enjoy looking at the stars.
6. I enjoy drinking wine.
7. I don't go anywhere without my water bottle.
8. I enjoy exercising.
9. I read Post Secrets every Sunday morning.
10. I am afraid of spiders.
11. I enjoy listening to live music.
12. I love to sing. I would love to perform someday.
13. I have a hard time expressing myself verbally.
14. I miss my mother in law.
15. My husband, sister and friends know me better than I know myself.
16. I LOVE when my sister visits but HATE that she has to leave. I miss her so much!
17. I have never lived alone. There are times when I wish I could have had this experience. I think I would be a much braver person.
18. I was born on Christmas day.
19. I am going to learn to sew.
20. When I eat tuna fish sandwiches or macaroni and cheese I need to have chocolate milk to drink.
21. I rarely can stay awake for an entire movie.
22. I am a teacher but am always thinking of what else I could do for a job.
23. I hate saying good-bye to people.
24. I have always wanted to learn to play the cello. I think it's a sexy instrument. I know how to play the violin.
25. I am impressed that I came up with 25 things. It was harder than I thought.
Today I am grateful for the long weekend I got to spend with my sister.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
I always feel like I have so much to write about but no time to actually get to it. When I get to do it I forget what I was going to write about.
I am really enjoying reading the blogs I like to read each day. There are a few bloggers who I'd really like to get to know better. I wish they lived closer too.
My sister is going to be coming for a visit this Saturday and I can't even begin to say how excited I am about it. The last time she was here was in August and Asa was 4 months old. He is now 8 months old and grown so much. She lives about 8 hours away in Portland, ME so it's not easy getting to see her. She will be back in April to celebrate Asa's 1st birthday and then my husband, Asa and I hope to visit her in the summer. It will be a big trip for Asa but possible. My sister and I have gotten so much closer since my diagnosis of MS and having Asa. She is my best friend and I share everything with her. She is the only one who is allowed to read my blog. She is actually the one who got me started and introduced me to blogging. She is an amazing and incredible writer (I think she got all the creativeness.). She recently just started a new blog in which she will be writing letters to me. I am looking forward to reading these letters and think this will even bring us closer. I know that when she visits this weekend I hope to get caught up on our lives when we were high school. We both probably have such different experiences and there were things that happened that I believe we need to talk about. There are so many times when I wished she lived closer. I would love to just get to spend more time with her and hang out.
Someday I'd like to write about my parents but I wouldn't even know where to start. It really requires therapy not writing.
I am sad for today to end. My husband has been off of work since Christmas and it has been wonderful. I have enjoyed all of his help with Asa. I will miss him so much.
Today I am grateful for Asa sleeping 12 hours last night. I am getting better at sleeping and not waking up to check on him. I still don't sleep that good because I am listening to the monitor to hear him. Another good thing about Asa sleeping better is I can now stay up until 9:00. I am also grateful for getting the time to use the elliptical again. I'm not sure how I'll find the time now that my husband starts work again tomorrow. We'll need to figure out something so we both can work out.
Good night and sweet dreams!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Today I am grateful for working out on my new elliptical.
So, Happy New Year!
Today I am grateful that my husband spent the time to put out new elliptical together. Tomorrow I will start working on that resolution. Wish me luck!